How To Do A Yoni Steam At Home
Peace loved ones,
So on July 28, at Heart & Soul Brew Fest in Richmond, VA we released a limited number of Goddess Yoni Steams & sold out! This is for anyone that left with one & for anyone curious to know what Yoni steams are & how you can do them yourself at home.
A Yoni Steam aka Vaginal Steaming is the indigenous practice of allowing the warmth of herbal steams to penetrate the womb & allow for the release of toxins, toxic emotions, stress, & stagnation.
I steam once a week on average (minus the time I am on my cycle - you SHOULD NOT steam during your cycle) & have noticed significant changes since I started this new routine. Since beginning my steaming regimen, my cycle has gotten lighter + shorter, cramps are pretty nonexistent, and I feel lighter emotionally.
Along with these benefits, some experience:
a decrease in clots
decreased PMS symptoms
a healthier womb
less womb issues, problems, infections & complications
increased fluid production
Before & during your steam, be sure to pray, meditate, set your intentions, drink tea and do whatever else to help you relax & release what no longer serves you.
1. Boil then simmer your herbs (about 4tbsp) for approx. 30 mins covered.
2. Let steep until they are a comfortable temperature -warm enough to release the healing properties but cool enough not to burn! A good way to test the temp is by placing the back of your hand over the herbs for a bit and feeling for heat like you would a baby’s milk :)
3. While your herbs are steeping, you can prepare your steaming area. You can squat/lay over the bowl of herbs, use a steaming stool, or use your toilet.
4. Once your herbs have cooled, tranfer them to a heat safe bowl (see step 5)
5. If squatting: lay a blanket down, place the bowl on the blanket, squat over the bowl then wrap yourself in the blanket
If using a toilet: Use a bowl big enough to sit on the edge of your toilet + line the toilet with a trash bag then place your bowl in it and sit your toilet seat on top. Wrap yourself in a skirt or blanket.
6. Allow the herbs to do their thing for about 30 minutes and be mindful of the temperature. If it’s too hot, get up and wait until it’s cool.
Again, you can steam once a week or more, it all depends on you & what you want + feel. Listen to your body & be mindful of the people you share space with, the hygiene products you use, & the words you use about your womb.
If you would like to know when we release the next batch of Goddess Yoni Steams, be sure you’re signed up for our mailing list & follow us on IG for regular updates.
Bliss & the Soul Bliss Tribe
**P.S. if you’re in the NY tristate area on August 11, come see us at the Black Veg Fest in Brooklyn from 10-5!